R.E.A.C.H. PROGRAM FOR CITY LEAGUES AND
PARKS & REC.
Your City’s Proactive Response to Youth Sports Safety
Unfortunately, sports safety at the municipality level throughout the U.S. is drastically lacking. Athletes will be injured while playing sports as this is part of the risk of practices and games. However, we can minimize the impact of these injuries and illnesses by making sure coaches respond correctly so additional harm is not imposed or prevent other injuries and illnesses altogether. Let the National Center for Sports Safety (NCSS) help your community take a proactive approach to sports safety.
- Data shows there is one child every 25 seconds reported to an ER with a youth sports-related injury and
- 50% of these injuries are preventable!
The R.E.A.C.H. Program helps your municipality create a safer playing environment for your entire sports community. It provides:
- The most innovative, educational sports safety programs package.
- The cost is obtainable for any size city as it is based per coach and per facility.
- The R.E.A.C.H. Program requires no additional staff or resources.
- It is very easy to implement.
- Download the R.E.A.C.H Info. Sheet.
We invite you to contact Michael Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org), at 205-329-7535 to learn more.
THE R.E.A.C.H. PROGRAM INCLUDES
Partnering Municipality Notes the R.E.A.C.H. Program may Help Reduce its General Liabilities!
PREPARE Sports Safety Training Course:
Every volunteer coach receives PREPARE Sports Safety education. This course has educated tens of thousands of coaches across the nation including Pop Warner. PREPARE educates on keys safety items across all sports. This training ensures the coaches who we trust with our youth athletes are properly prepared:
- How to prevent common injuries and illnesses
- How to recognize symptoms of potentially dangerous conditions
- How to respond in emergency situations
- It includes and goes far beyond concussion education
- Download fact sheet & webpage and video
First Responder On Field Equipment Removal Emergency Training Course:
This course is designed for emergency medical personnel (EMS).
- Course provides education and information specific to caring for sports related injuries and emergencies with helmets and equipment.
Certified Athletic Trainer Review of Sports Facilities:
- Certified athletic trainer walks all sports facilities and completes a review
- Helps with a city’s sports safety emergency action planning and sports safety policies and procedures